LSW here with the Top Ten Most Awesome Sauce Things About This Past Weekend in Shangri-La.
1) I forgot to pack The Boy's suitcase. Fun! Where do people go to shop for clothes in our little paradise? I have no idea. I drove 1 1/2 hours to the nearest Walmart.
2) Despite the fact that our "kitchen" consists of a toaster oven , a coffee maker and an electric griddle set over a couple of boards across some sawhorses, it's still nicer than my "real" kitchen at home.
3) There is nothing, I mean nothing, more exciting than styrofoam. (And clean underwear.)
4) Except maybe Battleship. Hours and hours of Battleship.
5) Sandwiches, but they're not on bread. They're on pretzels. Pretzels!
6) We like to include an educational element to our weekends in Shangri-La.
("The otter die cuss it smoket to much" and "He done got shot." Can't make this stuff up, folks.)
7) Road eggs. So charming, so quaint. Until you accidentally stick a $10 bill instead of a $1 into the locked cash box.
8) Beer. Called The Vermonster.
9) Fireworks in the pouring rain.