Shangri La

Shangri La

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How much does it cost to build a cabin? Here's the real answer


LSW here again.
I thought I'd start my own accounting log of how much the cabin is costing us. Let's see:

Speeding ticket: $300
Insurance deductible from the damage done to my car from backing into a tree while camping: $500
Special camping salt and pepper shaker that I bought because I figured we'd be camping all summer: $1.00
Big bag o' plastic toys bought at a tag sale to keep the Boy occupied while we work: $2.00

LSW's total: $803.00

Remember: Doing a project will always take twice as long and cost three times as much as you anticipate!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You forget...

Time spent with family doing something that you will hopefully enjoy during your lifetime...Priceless!