Shangri La

Shangri La

Monday, April 6, 2009

Have You Seen Our Giraffe House?

LSW here. Let me just state for the record that of all the sucky things in the world, being woken up early on a Sunday morning after a late evening of boozing by the bang, bang, banging of a hammer rates pretty high up there. What's even worse is when you realize that the banging is coming from your backyard and you know that it's just a matter of minutes before you'll be asked to "throw on some sweats" and come help. Not the best hangover cure, I assure you.
In any case, the Vermonster had assembled one side of our garden shed/writer's retreat/test cabin and needed some help lifting it up. Voila! Now, I readily admit that I have no sense of spatial relations, and the headache didn't help much, but part of me wondered why the shed seemed so ... tall. I wasn't going to say anything, but then the neighbor walked over sipping his coffee and said, "Hey, why's it so tall?"
Ruh-oh.
I'll let the Vermonster explain his reasoning behind that. I will say, though, that I'm quite proud of his workmanship so far. I can actually see this turning into something usable! Maybe even cute!

[Vermonter Replies: No particular reason for the height except that I forgot to consider how a relatively standard 7'9" wall would look on something only 10' wide. Oops.]

No comments: