Shangri La

Shangri La

Thursday, February 26, 2009

We interrupt this blog for a message from the LSW



LSW here. I figured it was about time I got on here and told you the truth about this crazy scheme shared my side of the story.
For me, it started when we were visiting relatives in Maine. Husband (who shall henceforth be known as Vermonster) was surfing the Web, looking at property in Vermont. This was nothing new, as we've often day-dreamed about owning a little cabin in Vermont, the place where open-minded, nature-loving, cheese-eating New Yorkers go to get a little R&R and pretend to read "Walden." But something told me that this time, things were different. My gut instincts were right.

Flash forward a week. A mystery illness has besot me and all I want is for Vermonster to come home from work and relieve me of taking care of The Boy. He finally arrives and almost instantly I see it-- that strange glint he gets in his eye when he's up to no good. I've seen it so many times before: The Triumph. The MG. The other MG. The guitar. The truck. The kayak. The gold-encrusted woodworking tools. Did I mention the MG? So this is where he admits he took a half day of work (yes, while I was sick, thank you very much) and drove up north to check out some property. And guess what? He took pictures of it on his phone. You must understand-- this is not a man who takes pictures. This is a man who, in the delivery room, was TOLD BY THE NURSE to take a picture of his newborn son. At this point, the message was clear. It was the classic theme: Vermonster vs. LSW, or was it man vs. land?
I have a lot to say about this all. There's much to discuss: the money, the property, the come-to-Jesus discussions, the new lexicon of words such as Unit One, septic assessment, mulching toilet and, my favorite, humanure. So if you want the real story, the one unobscured by rose-colored glasses, stay tuned. I'll be back.

No comments: